Dealing with a very frustrating case of debugging leads to changing the environment:

My Raspberry Pi seems to be having problems with the wifi adapter after I upgraded Debian from buster to bullseye.

However, when I plug in the HDMI adapter and a keyboard, there is not enough power anymore to power the wifi adapter, so I can't figure out why it doesn't work.


Looks like the underlying problem was that Ⓐ the network interface was renamed because of the upgrade, and Ⓑ whatever I used at the time to trigger wpa_supplicant was not being run anymore… I should probably figure out how I did that in the past. And maybe have a puppet profile.

· · Web · 1 · 0 · 0

According to my previous records, wpa_supplicant used to be started by dhcpcd 🤔 Not sure how that worked

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Cathode Church

A place for trans makers, coders, tinkerers and dreamers.