So apparently the UPS for the 20+ tonne scenery lift at workplace #1 exploded today. Inergen system went off, firies in oxygen masks, and the smell of fried lead acid battery all the way through the place.
@s0 Wow, sounds very dramatic (I'm not sure that's the right word). I hope that despite this there is no major damage, and no personal damage. Do you know the cause? I had lead batteries as one of the safest (I want to make an UPS and now I'm a little scared).
@RileyStarlight they are definitely considered very safe. This is a niche-purpose and large-scale installation and whatever issues there were are unlikely to be at all applicable to your personal risk assessment